Festival of Birds
Are you interested in becoming a vendor at the festival?
Please read the guidelines below, download and mail a completed application to:
73-5593 Olowalu Street #A
Kailua-Kona HI, 96740
Vendors must adhere to the following guidelines or will be asked to leave the event with no refund of registration:
1. Vendors must show some relationship to the mission of the HIFB with sales, items and exhibitions relevant to birds of Hawai‘i and their habitats.
2. Booth spaces are 10’x10’ and include one un-draped 6’ table and two chairs. Any additional chairs, tables or other furnishings must be provided by vendor. Double-wide booths (10’x20’) will be required to pay for two booths.
3. If you must have electricity, it will cost $35 (hotel rate).
4. Booth spaces are assigned on a first come, first served basis. All spaces are pre-assigned. Vendor requests to change booth space on the day of the event cannot be accommodated.
5. Set-up must be completed between 7:00 and 8:30 am. Tear down must be completed between 3:00 pm and 4:00 pm.
6. No live animals may be displayed in booths or accompany vendors without written permission from festival manager. Legitimate service animals will be given permission to attend, but festival staff must be notified of vendor’s intent to bring animal.
7. All proceeds from sales at the booth go directly to the vendor. Vendor is responsible for any collection and reporting of sales tax, receipts, and handling cash and/or credit cards at the vendor’s booth.
8. The festival will include both a silent and live auction as well as door prizes. We ask all vendors to donate at least one appropriate item. Significant donations may qualify the vendor to be listed as a sponsor (see sponsor information). Proceeds from the auction will be used to support development of products and ongoing maintenance for the Hawai`i Island Coast to Coast Birding Trail and Hawai`i Wildlife Center.
9. The Hawai`i Island Festival of Birds, and Sheraton Keauhou Resort will not be liable for any damages or injury to persons or property, sustained by conditions or activities on the premises.
10. All vendors are responsible for protecting their property and merchandise from damage or loss.
- Product exhibition, sales of retail goods by individuals or companies: $75
- Arts and crafts made by the vendor: $50
- Government/non profit informational booths: $25
Registration deadline is September 1, 2017. Booth space is limited to approximately 25 vendors so early registration is recommended. No refunds of registration after July 1, 2017. Booth is reserved on receipt of paid registration.
To register, download, complete and mail the registration form. You will be contacted with acceptance of your registration and booth assignment.
Included In Your Booth Registration
- General Admission ticket for two booth attendants
- One undraped 6-foot table and two chairs
- Internet service (WIFI)
- Featured logo on www.birdfesthawaii.com and social media. (Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with high resolution logo and website address)
Not Included In Your Booth Registration
- Electricity (available for $35 through hotel)
- Display racks
- Lunch (you may bring your own)
- All festival activities will focus on the birds and natural world of Hawai`i Island.
- Local and world known birding experts
- Outdoor equipment and adventure gear
- Local art, photography and craft fair
- Photography and art workshops
- Keiki activities
- Guided activities along the HICCBT
- Silent auction
- Film Festival *New Event
- Gala dinner and live auction
Volunteer, Sponsorship and Donation Opportunities
General sponsorships and donations in any amount are gratefully accepted. Some opportunities for sponsoring specific festival components are still available.
Please contact our team at email@example.com or call (808) 331-3655.